Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"Death and Honor" by W.E.B. Griffin and William E. Butterworth IV

As this was my first W.E.B. Griffin novel, I must admit to being a bit overwhelmed.   From the start, there was an abundance of information and a load of detail that forced me to replay portions of the discs flying by too quickly the first time.  Once into the story though - I knew nothing of Argentine involvement in WWII - strong characters I could attach to appeared, guiding me through the settings and plot of what this intriguing tale of the OSS and German plans in South America meant.  Historical fiction is a fantastic genre that, in the hands of skilled writer, can teach a reader new things, as is evident here.  For W.E.B. Griffin fans, I am sure ‘Death and Honor’ will be a delight.  For those seeking a challenging read, this is where they can find it

0 comments:

Post a Comment